rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The longing

You can leave this place for now,
But you're taking a bit of me with you,
I don't know if you know it yet
And I don't know if I want to take it back from you

Do you, inside your head,
Get this feeling too?
I know we're not supposed to feel this way
But then why do I long so much for you!

I hadn't felt this high for a while,
I don't know if it will ever work out right,
Why did it have to dawn on me only now!
When it's almost too late for me to fight.

I'm wailing my lungs out, but no one can know
Since I am hiding at the bottom of the sea,
All they can notice is bubbles breaking the surface.
My wet face, stained with tears that no one can see.

I know we're not supposed to feel this way,
But then why do I long so much for you
Is it worth risking what we have had for so long?
What do the voices in your head tell you?

Maybe we will never know what could have been,
Because I'm too scared of going down this one way street again,
Which is why I am hoping you will turn around some day,
And realize that it wasn't mere coincidence that we met again.

1 comment:

Amy said...

This one's amazing