rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, February 1, 2010

Undead Existence

Im free and I wonder what went wrong
where, how and why did it take so long?
For me to understand the universal song
"the world's always right and you are always wrong"

Im twenty five and Im only thinking
My life's over, but how are other's doing?
They're all in their cages, leashed and praying
"Make this fast, this is much too excruciating!"

It's been twenty years on this planet
And more dying, felt I haven't
Writing code,making the screen go white to violet
Its insane, want to make the world go silent

Five years ago, and I just wanna write
About the birds, the bees and the soaring kite
But daddy is broke and mom has lost her sight
So i'll do what they say though I know it's not right

Now I'm ten and I wanna fly in the sky
But Mom says its too dangerous, i could die
I know its just a bloody lie
But little can I do but sit and cry

Im just five and Im just thinking
Life is so fun, life is so exciting
Don't think twice before doing anything
Cause I don't care, let the school bell keep ringing

5 comments:

Abhishek Kulkarni said...

Loved it ! Especially the rhymes. :)

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful, loved the opposite flow of time!

kmihir said...

Its getting better and better.
What made the river flow backwards?

Sumeet Saurabh said...

Its a story of despair but at the same time i wanted the reader to somehow feel better at the end of the poem. That was the idea.

Amy said...

wow ...!! the rhymes fit in perfectly!
and its very very meaningful